You have the power to make a big difference for people in need! We love to hear stories of WorldServe Advocates–people just like you who are coming up with creative ideas and making an impact. Here are a few ideas:
- Talk to your church. Ask your church to partner with WorldServe in their missions giving.
- Throw a party! Host a WorldServe awareness event at your home. This is a great way to inform your neighbors, friends and family about what they can do to help those in need of clean water. We will supply you with video and print material to get the message out. If you want to go above and beyond, choose a theme such as Africa, water, or children that guides everything from the decor to the food!
- It’s a holiday! Take advantage of a holiday such as Thanksgiving or Christmas to remind people of the joy of helping others. If you throw a WorldServe holiday party, let us know so we can send you materials to help you get the word out.
- Birthday. Turn your yearly celebration into an event to raise money for those who desperately need clean water.
- Run for Water. Run a marathon and raise support for those in need. Ask your friends and family to give a certain amount for every step you take.
- Race for Water. Organize a sporting event such as a 5k run/walk for those in your community to raise money for water. We will help!
To share your best DIY fundraising ideas and stories, or to bounce an idea off of us, please contact us using our online form or directly via our outreach representative Teresa Murtland 1-814-823-2444.
Thanks for being a WorldServe Advocate!