Protecting Your Privacy
- Take proper precautions to protect against and prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of your personal data and information;
- To refrain from sharing, selling or allowing any type of access to your data by any third party, excluding WorldServe International for marketing or promotional use;
- Protect any sensitive information entered in to our application both online and offline;
- Use encryption techniques, where applicable, to further protect any data entered into our application by our users;
- Refrain from granting access to any personal information to any employee of WorldServe International for any purpose other than when absolutely necessary to perform a certain job related task.
Terms & Definitions
“Collection” – refers to the act of gathering, acquiring or obtaining personal information through any means and from any source.
“Consent” – willful and voluntary agreement to a proposed course of action. Consent may be express or implied. Express consent is given directly, either orally or in writing. Implied consent is inferred by the conduct or the consenting party.
“Disclosure” – a release of personal information to persons outside of the Company’s application or platform.
“Personal Information” or “Personal Data” – refers to personally identifying information specific to an individual user.
“Use” – the treatment and handling of the personal information collected by the Company.
Personal Information Collected
In order to operate WorldServe International and provide our users with content and services that may be of interest, we may collect personal information or demographic information about our users. WorldServe International does not collect or retain personal or demographic information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
WorldServe International may use your email address and other personal information to communicate with you regarding your activity on the site. We may also review all demographic data of its users and use said information to tailor our site and communications to your interest.
Use of Data Collected
WorldServe International will use and process the information entered by Users and collected during the donation process. This data will be used in the following ways:
- To improve the Company’s website and/or mobile app for its users;
- To identify additional content that may be desirable or of specific interest to our Users;
- For the marketing purposes of WorldServe International, such as to identify companies to advertise through the website;
- To communicate administrative or technical assistance information to users;
- To investigate User problems and complaints and
- To operate the website and optimize its performance in ways that are beneficial to Users.
Data Disclosure To Third Parties
WorldServe International may share information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors or other third parties; however, this is only demographic type information. No user-specific information will ever be shared with the above referenced parties without your express written consent.
WorldServe International may share and/or sell general, non-specific information collected about Users or groups to third parties for advertising or other purposes. No personal or identifying information about an individual user will ever be sold to a third party. Company may, however, sell demographic information, including demographic or statistical information related to users.
There are certain circumstances under which we may be required to disclose data about you, as a user of the WorldServe International website. You also have the right, at any time, to request full disclosure of all data being used and/or stored about you. We may disclose your data, without additional consent to vendors and services providers who are working on our behalf in response to legal requests such as Court Orders and subpoenas; in connection with a merger, bankruptcy or sale/transfer of the assets of this organization to another; and to protect the rights of WorldServe International and/or the general public. Data will also be released to any party you designate, if such designation is done in writing and bears your signature to indicate your consent to the disclosure.
WorldServe International will retain user data for as long as it is reasonably necessary for business purposes or in accordance with the record retention policy of the state of Missouri.
WorldServe International is a United States based website. As an international user you are hereby agreeing to allow us to apply the same privacy, data storage and data disclosure policies as those which apply to US based users.
If you have further questions about this policy or other specific privacy concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.