Marketing Team Overview
Our goal at WorldServe is to create an intern team that values growth and development in the Marketing field. When you walk away from a semester working with WorldServe, we hope you are prepared with portfolio building experience, leadership knowledge and a deeper understanding of how to communicate in a professional, non-profit setting.
What to Expect:
- Project Ownership – Every trimester, each intern will walk away having contributed and completed at least 1 major project. (Trip building, program creation, branded campaigns)
- Quantifiable Results – Each intern will be able to report development results in a tangible way to be used for building personal portfolios and valuable experience for future job searches.
Intern Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Commitment to Humanitarian Efforts – Working for a non-profit requires a motivation to help others with your life’s work and a commitment to changing the world one person at a time! This can be different from other professional environments and should be fully considered by the applicant.
- Self-Starting & Self-Propelling – Team members will work remotely for 7-10 hours per week to complete project tasks, administrative help, team meetings, and progress reporting. Team meetings are likely to happen in coffee shops, Google Hangouts or conference calls.
- Team Player – Intern team members will work closely with the Marketing Director and other interns to complete each project and should feel comfortable working alongside other people and helping other team members to reach the ultimate project goals. Communication on project management software, through email and phone calls will be an important part of working remotely with a team.
- Dedicated, Timely, and Leadership-Focused – As a part of the intern team, you will collaborate with the Marketing Director in many stages of marketing campaigns and event development. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our communication goals at WorldServe.
Internship Term: January 27 – May 8, 2020
Location: Springfield, MO – Remote connection using Google Hangouts, scheduled conference calls and possible team meetings in determined location if applicable.
Compensation: Stipend Pending; WorldServe is happy to work with your university to give you credit hours for this internship.
Please use the form below to submit your application.