SOLAR POWERED WATER PROJECT - $50,000
- Community engagement assessments &
- Mobilization of heavy equipment & field teams
- Drilling a new deep borehole
- Developing & testing pump for water quality & yield
- Purchasing & installing solar panels, solar
panel housing, solar pump, and accessories, cable wire, and elevated 10,000-liter water storage tank
- Building & installing an easy water tap
distribution network and access point
Hedges of Mercy Centre for girls (child brides) is in Topp Rayfield Jos South LGA. The Centre runs a Christ-centered, non-pharmacological recovery program for people who abuse substances, have dysfunctional families, are forced child brides, and are in poverty.
The center has over 68 female clients, eight boarding facilities, a vocational skills center, and meeting rooms. Despite having a large number of clients who are primarily women, the center has no adequate access to clean, safe water to cater to the hygiene and sanitary needs of the girls. At the peak of the dry season, the only available well dug gets dry, forcing the girls to seek water outside the center. This has posed a severe risk to the safety of the girls, who are already vulnerable.